Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Broccoli seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Seedling tray is a best practice because due to heavy rain sometimes there are chances of losing the seeds. So if it is in the tray we will be able to shift it soon. After reaching 2 to 3 inches in length then we can transplant into the pot or direct to the land.
3. What is the best season to grow Broccoli?
Broccoli is the warm weather crop. It can grow well in summer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Broccoli seeds are available in all the season, it can germinate also. But it likes hot weather. So it can grow quickly in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
If you're giving proper water and potting mix Broccoli will take 15 to 25 to germinate.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It need complete direct sunlight, So you can place the pot either indoors or in the outdoor but make sure that plant should get the sunlight.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Broccoli. Broccoli's roots are very lengthy so it consume more place. So, we advise using round container.
8. What temperature is required?
As a warm weather crop, it is. It needs 21°C (70°F) temperature to grow healthy. In this temperature, Broccoli's germination process will be very strong.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
All the flower and vegetable plants require fertilizer and compost to grow quickly. If you are using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost in it.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Broccoli will take more water, watering should be regular in the summer season, two days once in winter season and three days once in rainy season (If rainwater does not flow to the plant)
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Broccoli can sustain from high sunlight because it likes hot weather.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sometimes due to less sunlight, it will not grow properly. So it is better to grow outdoor or place where it can get sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
It can be affected by the Black rot, Wirestem (Damping-off), Alternaria leaf spot, Downy mildew diseases. If the case of this diseases we are recommended the "Neem oil". Which helps to destroy the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take almost 90 to 100 days to come for the harvest.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest?In terms of timing, harvest broccoli when the buds of the head are firm and tight before the heads flower. If you do see yellow petals, harvest immediately.
3. How Harvest?
We can harvest it easily by cutting the Broccoli from the pruning secateurs safely. No need to remove the plants it will re-grow again.