Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Brocoli seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Broccoli seeds overnight for better germination?
Better to non-soak the Broccoli seeds in the water. Soaking does not require to all the seeds. Non- soaked seeds also grow quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Better to sow the seeds in the tray at the beginning, when the root reaches maximum length we can transplant to the pot.
3. What is the best season to grow Broccoli?
Broccoli is the warm weather crop, it can grow in summer season properly. So using the summer season we can grow the Broccoli.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Broccoli seeds are available in all the season, it can germinate also. But it like hot weather. So it can grow quickly in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
If you're giving proper water and potting mix Broccoli will take 15 to 25 to germinate.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plant by cover plastic. Broccoli needs direct sunlight. Sunlight can motivate the plants to grow healthy.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It need complete direct sunlight, So you can place the pot either indoors or in the outdoor but make sure that plant should get the sunlight.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Broccoli. Broccoli's roots are very lengthy so it consume more place. What's why we advise using round container.
9. What temperature is required?
As a warm weather crop, it is. It needs 21°C (70°F) temperature to grow healthy. In this temperature, Broccoli's germination process will be very strong.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
All the flower and vegetable plants require fertilizer and compost to grow quickly. If you're using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer because our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Broccoli will take more water, watering should be regular in the summer season, two days once in winter season and three days once in rainy season (If rainwater does not flow to the plant)
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Broccoli can sustain from high sunlight because it likes hot weather also in the summer season warm weather helps to germinate quickly.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sometimes due to less sunlight, it will not grow properly. so it is better to grow outdoor or place it where it can get sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
It can attack by the Black rot, Wirestem (Damping-off), Alternaria leaf spot, Downy mildew like this diseases. If the case of this diseases we are recommended the "Neem oil". Which helps to destroy the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take almost 90 to 100 days to come for the harvest.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the Broccoli will come for the full green color and good size it ready for the harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest it easily by cutting the Broccoli from the pruning secateurs safely. No need to remove the plants it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend