Bulk Order Query
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Capsicum seeds overnight for better germination?
We can soak the capsicum seeds for quick germination. Soaked seeds can germinate soon.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Capsicum?
Capsicum is a winter crop. It will grow quickly in the wintrer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Capsicum seeds are available in all season (Trust Basket) also it will germinate in all the season. But winteris the best time to grow Capsicum.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Capsicum will take about 3 weeks germinate. During the germination period, the soil must be moist. Moisture soil can increase the growing speed.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Capsicum needs direct sunlight, sunlight can help to grow quickly also it avoids the common diseases.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
The deep round container is suitable to grow Capsicum. Because Capsicum's roots will take more space to grow.
8. What temperature is required?
Capsicum requires 15 to 21 degree temperature to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Almost all the plants need fertilizer and compost mix mandatorily. If you’re using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost in it. It increases the soil quality.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Capsicum needs water three days once in winter and rainy season. Regular water in summer season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As it is a cool weather crop, it can't sustain heavy sunlight. But can withstand moderate sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Capsicum requires, at least four to five hours sunlight per day. So place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Bacterial wilt, Bacterial spot, Powdery mildew, Anthracnose, Cercospora spot are the common diseases. In case your plants face those problems, we advise to use “Neem oil”. Neem oil will avoid the diseases. Also, it helps to grow quick.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Capsicum will take more than 60 days to harvest from the sow. Till that we need to provide the fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil on time.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Capsicum of hybrid varieties start green and then mature to the their original color. Once it is ripen, you can harvest.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Capsicum directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Capsicum from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.