All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
Carnation mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Carnation seeds overnight for better germination?
One of the technique for speed germination soak them for four to five hours before sowing. Which increases the growing speed.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
At the beginning, we can sow in the tray which takes the less space also easy to watering and providing the potting mix. When the plant's roots reach 2 to 3 inches in the length it requires some more place.
3. What is the best season to grow Carnation?
In the summer season, Carnation can grow quickly. Warm weather can increase the germination speed.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Carnation seeds are available in all the seasons, also, it germinate in all the season. But during the warm weather, its germination process will be strong.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Carnation seeds should germinate in 2-3 weeks of the sowing. Carnation never except fully moist around it. But it needs little bit moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
Carnations are never expecting coverage from the plastic. It can grow without covering the plastic also.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can grow Carnation plants either indoor or in the outdoor. But it need complete four to five hours sunlight per day. So place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Rectangular plants are better to Carnation. Carnation plants require more place to spread the roots. Our rectangular container has large space on it.
9. What temperature is required?
Carnations can grow between the 10 to 21 temperature. In this temperature, it encourages to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the necessary things to grow early and healthy. If you are buying our potting mix no need to invest for any other fertilizer or to the compost. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on. It is sufficient to grow the plant healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Carnations will take less water, means watering them about every 5-7 days through the summer or perhaps every 3 days in very dry, hot weather.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Carnations are the warm weather crop, So it can be sustain from the heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It needs full sunlight, about 4-5 hours every day. So place where it can the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Alternaria Leaf Spot, Bacterial Slow Wilt or Stunt, Bacterial Wilt, Botrytis Blight, Fusarium Wilt are the common diseases. In case if your plants facing those problems you can use "Neem oil". Neem oil can clear the diseases quickly.Our Neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you're providing properly water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil it will take six to seven weeks to harvest.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the plant will come to the good color we harvest the flower.
3. How Harvest the Carnation? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We cut the flowers by the pruning secateurs safely. No need to remove the plants it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend