1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Carnation seeds overnight for better germination?
We can soak the seeds for better germination. Soaked seeds can work fine and helps to grow quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Carnation?
In the winter season, Carnation can grow quickly. Cool weather can increase the germination speed.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Carnation seeds are available in all the seasons, also, it germinate in all the season. But during the cool weather, its germination process will be good.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Carnation seeds should germinate in 2-3 weeks of the sowing. Carnation never except fully moist around it. But it needs little bit moist.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can grow Carnation plants either indoor or in the outdoor. But it need complete four to five hours sunlight per day. So place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Rectangular plants are better to Carnation. Carnation plants require more place to spread the roots. Our rectangular container has large space on it.
8. What temperature is required?
Carnations can grow between the 10 to 21 temperature. In this temperature, it grows quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the necessary things for a plant to grow healthy. If you are buying our potting mix no need to invest for any other fertilizer or to the compost. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in. It is sufficient to grow the plant healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Carnations will take less water, means watering them about every 5-7 days through the summer or perhaps every 3 days in very dry, hot weather.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Carnations are the cool weather crop, it can't sustain from the heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It needs full sunlight, about 4-5 hours every day. So place where it can the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Alternaria Leaf Spot, Bacterial Slow Wilt or Stunt, Bacterial Wilt, Botrytis Blight, Fusarium Wilt are the common diseases. In case if your plants facing those problems you can use "Neem oil". Neem oil can clear the diseases quickly.Our Neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you're providing properly water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil it will take six to seven weeks to harvest.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Carnation flowers are harvested when the outer petals unfold nearly perpendicular to the stem.
3. How to Harvest the Carnation? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We cut the flowers by the pruning secateurs safely. No need to remove the plants it will re-grow again.