Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Cauliflower seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaking is not applicable to all seeds. Some seeds need soaking someone not required. Cauliflower is not required soaking. It will give work fine.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or Direct sow is recommended?
As we saw Cauliflower acquires more place. Starting at the time, it doesn't take more place to germinate. But after sprout, it can’t grow in the tray on that time better to transplant to the pots or direct to the land.
3. What is the best season?
Cauliflowers are winter and rainy season crop. It likes cool weather also it germinate quickly in this seasons.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
It will germinate in all season, but it will give the best performance in winter and rainy season. We can grow Cauliflower in the summer season if there is any water resource.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Cauliflower will take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate as a healthy plant. During the germination process, we have to keep the soil moist also need to provide the potting mix as a healthy good.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by plastic. It can germinate properly without covering also. Cauliflower requires sunlight, so we should keep open the plants.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
we can grow it either indoor or the outdoor but make sure that Cauliflower should get at least 1 to 2 hours sunlight every day. Place it where it can get sunlight.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Direct sow to a rectangular container, because our( TrustBasket) rectangular container has large space compared to round. it roots will much longer. Cauliflower takes more space to grow.
9. What temperature is required?
Cauliflower needs 15' degree temperature to grow quickly. In this temperature, Cauliflower will encourage the quick growing and it will give the good harvest.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Cauliflowers need moist soil as well as fertilizer and compost. If you are using Potting mix nothing to worry, it has fertilizer and compost content on it. Potting mix is sufficient to grow Cauliflower.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Water is a much-needed source to grow any plant. Cauliflowers need daily watering in the summer season and two days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Cauliflower can sustain from the high sunlight because its topper surface is very rough. It can avoid the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Cauliflower requires less sunlight, so you can place it either indoor or outdoor but it should get minimum 1 to 2 hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Cauliflower can attack by some diseases like the worm, aphids, harlequin bugs. Neem oil is the best option to protect the plants. It is an organic pesticide fight against the diseases. Neem oil comes with usage instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Cauliflowers will take 75 to 85 days from the seeding to harvest. During this period, it needs water, fertilizer and compost (potting mix) on time.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the heads are compact, white, and firm, then it is time to harvest them.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
Cut the heads off the plant by headge shear safely. We can remove the plants because It won’t re-grow again.
6. Advantages of Cauliflower.
- Cauliflower fights against Cancer.
- It makes bones strong.
- It’s Rich in vitamins and minerals.
- It Builds Healthy Immune System in the body.
We Also Recommend