All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
Celosia plumosa mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak Celosia the seeds overnight for better germination?
All the seeds do not require soaking. Some seeds will work fine without soaking also. So better to non-soak the seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Celosias will take 10 to15 days to germinate, during this period seeds should be in the indoor later it need sunlight. So if it is in the tray we can shift it soon.
3. What is the best season to grow Celosia?
Celosia need warm weather, in the warm weather, Celosias encourages to grow.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Celosias will germinate in all the season. But it will the best result in summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
If you're giving moist soil and warm weather around it, it will take 10 to 15 days to germinate.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants, it needs complete direct sunlight. but should not cover the plants.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
starting four to six weeks of the seeding, we can place it in indoor ( It does not require sunlight on that time) Later it need sunlight at least 2 to 3 hours per day.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is suitable to grow Celosia. It requires more place to grow the root. Our rectangular container has large space on it.
9. What temperature is required?
Celosias need 15-18 degree temperature to grow. In this temperature, it encourages to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
All the vegetable and flower plants need fertilizer and compost. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Which makes the plants strong and healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Celosias are the low water consumer. It needs water four to five days once in the summer season. 7 to 8 days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It is a warm-weather crop, so it can be sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
We can grow it either indoor or in the outdoor. Celosias can grow with less sunlight. If not possible to place for sunlight, just place it in the warm weather.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
It can attack the green foliage coloration. To destroy the diseases you can use "Neem ". Neem oil can fight as an organic pesticide.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Celosia will take less time to harvest. If you're giving water, fertilizer, compost (Potting mix) and neem oil on the time it will take 6 to 7 weeks to harvest.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the plant will come to the good color we harvest the flower.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Celosia flowers directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the flowers from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend