Bulk Order Query
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak Celosia the seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Celosia?
Celosia is a summer season crop. It needs warm weather to grow well.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
It will give the best result in summer. Celosias will germinate in all the season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
If you're giving moist soil and warm weather around it, it will take 10 to 15 days to germinate.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Starting four to six weeks of the seeding, we can place it in indoor ( It does not require sunlight at that time). Later it needs sunlight for at least 2 to 3 hours per day.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is suitable to grow Celosia. It requires more place to grow the root. Our rectangular container has large space on it.
8. What temperature is required?
Celosias need 18 to 25 degree temperature to grow. In this temperature, it grows quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Celosias are the low water consumer. It needs water four to five days once in the summer season. 7 to 8 days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It is a warm-weather crop, so it can sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
We can grow it either indoor or in the outdoor. Celosias can grow with less sunlight. If not in sunlight, just place it in the warm weather.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
It can be attacked by the green foliage coloration. To avoid the diseases you can use "Neem ". Neem oil is an organic pesticide.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Celosia will take less time to harvest. If you're giving water, fertilizer, compost (Potting mix) and neem oil on the time it will take 6 to 7 weeks to harvest.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Once the bud starts opening, it needs to be picked within 3-4 days.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Celosia flowers directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the flowers from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.