Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Coriander Seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Coriander seeds overnight for better germination?
Soak the coriander seeds into the clean water, soaking the seeds overnight will speed up the germination process. Soaked seeds will give the better result.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or Direct sow is recommended?
3. What is the best season?
Rainy and winter seasons are the best season to grow the Coriander. Sometimes it can't grow properly, because of the heat. So if we had good water resources we can grow in summer also.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
It germinates in all season, But it germinates process performance well in the rainy and winter seasons.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Coriander seeds will take 7 to 10 days to germinate from the sowing. But till that we need to take care of that.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover Coriander plants by the plastic cover, it can germinate without covering the plastic. If we covered the plants can't get sunlight properly, so we recommended to not cover the plants by the cover.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
In care, you're planting the Coriander indoor that will grow less abundantly due to less sunlight, So better to grow it outdoor for the best result.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Rectangular pots are better to grow any kinds of the plant because the round plant will consume more space, compare to the rectangular pots
9. What temperature is required to grow Coriander?
Coriander requires cool weather. We can cultivate it in below 40'f (5-10° C) temperature.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using potting mix (TrustBasket), no need to invest for any other compost, because plants need fertilizer and compost to germinate quickly. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It helps to grow healthy.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Most important we should keep moist around the seeds during their germination, so remember to water the plants regularly. It requires more than 1 inches of water from the top surface. Once the plants established it does not require that much water.
Below instruction to maintain water.
Summer: Need regular watering.
Winter: Need two days once watering.
Rainy: Three days once. (If rain water is not reaching to the plant)
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It does not need more sunlight like other plants. But it can be sustain from high sunlight if we are watering regularly.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Due to less sunlight also, it will germinate strongly because it requires less sunlight. But it requires at least 2 to sunlight every day. We can grow it indoor also but we have to place it where it can get sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Give your plants good soil and potting oil properly that helps to resist the diseases and other problems. In case if you find any problems in your plant, use “ Neem oil “ as an organic pesticide. Our Neem oil bottle also available with usage instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Coriander will take 45 days to harvest from seeding. Till that we have to take care of the plants by watering them properly, providing the potting mix, applying the Neem oil.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the Coriander reaches 4 to 5 inched in the length, it is ready to harvest
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
The large leaves can be cut by the pruning secateurs safely from the plants. For the smaller leaves, cut them off 1-½ to 2 inches above the crown.
We Also Recommend