1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can give the better result. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
Summer season is the best season to grow Cosmos. The germination process will be good in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
If you have good water source, you can grow in all the season. But it will grow soon in summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Cosmos will take 10 to 15 days to germinate from seeding. During the germination period, soil should be moist, so keep watering it frequently.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Cosmos require more sunlight, so better to grow in outdoor. If you like to grow indoor place it where it can get good sunlight.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is the best to grow. Round container can help to plant to spread the roots lengthy
8. What temperature is required?
Cosmos is a warm weather crop so it need 21' degree temperature. In this, we can expect the better result.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Plants need fertilizer and compost mandatorily. For that no need to invest separately. If you are buying our potting mix it is enough. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. So it increases the germinating capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Cosmos consumes more water compared to other plants. Daily watering in summer, two days once in the winter season and 3 days once ( if rainwater does not flow to the plant).
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As cosmos is a summer season crop, sunlight helps to grow quickly. So it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
We have to keep it outdoor for the sunlight. It can't sustain with less sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Canker, Mildew, Aster Yellows, are the common diseases that can affect the plant. So use Neem oil which protects the plant and acts as an organic pesticide. It is available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Cosmos will take 60 to 70 days harvest from the seeding. Till the harvesting, we need to provide water, fertilizer, compost(potting oil, neem oil.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
You can cut the flowers off anytime after blooming, but it’s best to pick some right when the petals have opened.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest easily by the cutting flower. It will re-grow again. No need to remove the plants.
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.