Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Cosmos mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can give the better result. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly also it helps to keep healthy.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
It is better to sow in the tray when the plant roots reach the 1 to 2 inches in the length. We have to transplants to the pots.
3. What is the best season?
Summer season is the best season to grow Cosmos. The germination process will be strong in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
If you have any good water source, you can grow in all the season. We can expect the better Cosmos germination in all season but it will grow soon on summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Cosmos will take 7 to 20 days to germinate from seeding. During the germination period, soil should be moist and so keep watering to it.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
Cosmos need direct sunlight, it increases the growing capacity. so no need to cover the plants.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Cosmos require more sunlight, so better to grow in outdoor. If you like to grow in outdoor place it where it can the sunlight.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is the best to grow. Round container can help to plant to spread the roots lengthy
9. What temperature is required?
Cosmos is a warm weather crop so it need 21' degree temperature. In this, we can expect the better result.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Plants need fertilizer and compost mandatorily. For that no need to invest separately, If you're buying our potting mix it is enough. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. So it increases the germinating capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Cosmos consumes more water compared to other plants. Daily watering in summer, two days once in the winter season and 3 days once ( if rainwater does not flow to the plant).
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a summer season crop it is, sunlight helps to grow quickly. So it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sow seeds indoors four to five weeks before the last spring frost date. Then we have to keep it outdoor for the sunlight. It can't sustain with less sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Canker, Mildew, Aster Yellows, are the common diseases can attack to it. So use Neem oil which protects the plant and acts as an organic pesticide. It available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Cosmos will take 60 to 70 days harvest from the seeding. Till the harvesting, we need to provide water, fertilizer, compost(potting oil, neem oil.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
Once the flower starts to die back, we can start the harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest easily by cutting flower. It will re-grow again. No need to remove the plants.
We Also Recommend