Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Dianthus mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Dianthus seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can germinate quickly and also can work fine. Need to soak the seeds for a day and keep dry for two to three hours.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can sow the seeds in the tray at the beginning When the plant's roots reach 2 to 3 inches in the length it need someone place to grow. On that time, we have to transplants the plants to the pot
3. What is the best season to grow Dianthus?
Dianthus can cultivate quickly in the summer season. Warm weather helps to grow quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Dianthus seeds can germinate in all the seasons. But it will give the better result in summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
If you are giving water on the time it will take 7 to 20 days to germinate. During the germination soil is moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
During the germination period, it requires constant warm weather so we can cover the plants by plastic. After the sprout, it needs direct sunlight so need to remove the cover on that time.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It can grow in indoor during the germination period but later it need direct sunlight. So later better to place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Dianthus's roots can acquire more place. So it is better to grow in a rectangular pot. Because our rectangular pot has large space to grow.
9. What temperature is required?
Dianthus can grow 21'c temperature quickly. In this temperature, Dianthus plants encourage to grow soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the mandatorily required things to grow the plants, for that no need to invest separately. If you're buying Our potting mix, it has fertilizer and compost content on it. It increases the growing capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Even in hot weather, the plant does not need watering more than once every two or three days, five to six days once in the winter and in the rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop, it is it can sustain from the high sunlight. it can protect them.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Starting two to three weeks it can grow without sunlight, later it need complete direct sunlight (It requires 4 to 5 hours sunlight every day)
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Dianthus can suffer by some diseases like Alternaria Leaf Spot, Bacterial Slow Wilt or Stunt, Bacterial Wilt, Botrytis Blight, Fusarium Wilt. If your plants facing like this diseases means you can try "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight with diseases and also it makes plants healthy. Our Neem oil available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
We can harvest the Dianthus flower after the 110 to 120 days of the planting.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the flower will come for the good color, we can harvest the flowers.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Dianthus flowers directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the flowers from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend