1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can give the better result. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
Winter season is the best season to grow Flowering Kale(OP). The germination process will be good in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
You can grow Flowering Kale in all the season. But it will grow well in Winter.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Flowering Kale will take 7 to 10 days to germinate from seeding. During the germination period, soil should be moist, so keep watering it frequently.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Flowering Kale requires good sunlight, so better to grow in outdoor. If you like to grow indoor place it where it can get good sunlight.
7. What temperature is required?
Flowering Kale needs around 10 degree C to 15 degree C temperature. In this, we can expect the better result.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Plants need fertilizer and compost mandatorily. For that no need to invest separately. If you are buying our potting mix it is enough. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. So it increases the germinating capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Water Flowering Kale regularly and deeply as plant loves moist soil. In warm climates or where the plant is planted in exposed windy condition, take care about watering, not letting the plant dry out completely.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Flowering Kale grows better when temperatures are cool. In areas with mild summer temperatures, they bloom from late spring until the first frost. In hot climates, they do well in early spring or fall, but flag in the heat of summer. You can grow the plants as winter annuals in frost-free areas.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can sustain with less sunlight. But we have to keep it outdoor in the sunlight for better growth.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
It can be prone to common insect attacks. So use Neem oil which protects the plant and acts as an organic pesticide. It is available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Flowering Kale will take 75 to 90 days harvest from the seeding. Till the harvesting, we need to provide water, fertilizer, compost, potting soil, neem oil.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Once the Flowering Kale expands its flower completely, you can harvest them.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest easily by the cutting flower. It will re-grow again. No need to remove the plants