1. Should we soak the Beans seeds overnight for better germination?
We have to soak the Beans seeds for a day for better performance and need to keep dry for an hour. If we soak the seeds it will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
French beans need warm, sunny weather. So the summer season is better to grow the plants. In these seasons, beans grow well.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
It gives a good yield in summer. Beans seeds are available in all the seasons also, it will germinate in all the season
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
It will take 10 to 15 days to germinate from sow as a healthy plant.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
As beans grow well in a sunny climate, it is better to grow it outdoor.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
The round container is enough for the beans because its roots will not grow very long.
8. What temperature is required?
Beans will grow comfortably between the 21 to 26-degree temperature.
1. Will the coco peat-based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
The potting mix is enough to grow Beans. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. So if you’re using our potting mix no need to invest for any other compost.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Summer: Water should be daily.
Winter: Two days once.
Rainy: Most of the times watering is not required. Water only if it does not rain for 4 days in a row.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As Beans is summer corp, it can sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Beans can grow indoor also but we have to place it where it can get at least 6 to 7 hours sunlight. Otherwise, plants will not grow properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Beans can attack by Xanthomonas campestris, Phaseoli. So in these cases, we advise using “Neem oil”. Neem oil can fight against diseases. It protects the complete plant.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Beans will take 50 to 60 days for the harvest from seeding. Till that time, we have to provide water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil (In the case of any diseases) properly.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Begin picking the pods when they are 10cm (4inch) long. Pods are ready when they snap easily and before the beans can be seen through the pod.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
When the Beans are ready for harvest cut off the beans by head shower carefully. No needs to remove the plants, it will regenerate again.
- Beans can help you lose weight
- Beans can help manage diabetes
- Beans can raise blood pressure
You May Be Also Interested In Plant Food, Hanging Pots & Planters, Lucky Bamboo, Flower Pots, Garden Shears