Bulk Order Query
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Gaillardia seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Gaillardia?
Gaillardia gives best yield in summer season. It needs full sunlight to grow well.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Gaillardia can germinate in all season. But in summer, its germination process will be good.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Gaillardia will take 10 to 15 days to germinate seeds. But keep the soil moist until the seeds sprout and proved the fertilizer and compost (potting mix) properly to grow as healthy plants.
6. Can we keep Gaillardia plant indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Almost all the flower plants grow under the sunlight. We can grow the Gaillardia plants either indoor or in the outdoor but make sure to place it such that it gets sunlight at least for 5 to 6 hours every day.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Gaillardia. Gaillardia roots are very lengthy so it consume more place. So we advise using round container. It has large and deep space in it.
8. What temperature is required?
It needs at least 21°C (70°F) temperature to grow. In this temperature, Gaillardia grows well.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Gaillardia takes more water. So watering should be regular in the summer season, two days once in winter season and three days once in rainy season (If rainwater does not flow to the plant)
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As Gaillardia is a summer crop, it can sustain from high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sometimes due to less sunlight, it will not grow properly. So it is better to grow outdoor or place it where it can get sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Gaillardia can be affected by Bacterial leaf spot, Septoria leaf spot, Powdery mildew, Viruses. In case if you are facing these problems, we advise to use Neem oil. Neem oil can fight against the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you're providing the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and neem oil (In case any diseases) on the time it will take nearly 10 weeks to harvest as a healthy Gaillardia.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
We can harvest Gaillardia flowers once they grow 2-3" wide.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Gaillardia directly by hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Gaillardia from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.