Check COD Availability
Country of origin : INDIA
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can give the better result. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
Summer season is the best season to grow Gazania (Hybrid) seeds. The germination process will be good in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
If you have good water source, you can grow in all the season. But it will grow soon in summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Gazania(Hybrid) will take 15 to 20 days to germinate from seeding. During the germination period, soil should be moist, so keep watering it frequently.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Gazania (Hybrid) Hybridrequire more sunlight, so better to grow in outdoor. If you like to grow indoor place it where it can get good sunlight.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is the best to grow. Round container can help to plant to spread the roots lengthy
8. What temperature is required?
Gazania (Hybrid) is a warm weather crop so it needs minimum 21 degree C to 25 degree C temperature. In this, we can expect the better result.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Plants need fertilizer and compost mandatorily. For that no need to invest separately. If you are buying our potting mix it is enough. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. So it increases the germinating capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Daily watering in summer, two days once in the winter season and 3 days once in rainy season.( if rainwater does not flow to the plant).
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As Gazania (Hybrid) is a summer season crop, sunlight helps to grow quickly. So it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can sustain with less sunlight. But we have to keep it outdoor in the sunlight for better growth.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Aphids, thrips, snails and spider mites can be a major problem if left unchecked. Clumping variants are more susceptible to root rot if soil is poorly drained. So use Neem oil which protects the plant and acts as an organic pesticide. It is available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Gazania (Hybrid) will take 100 to 120 days harvest from the seeding. Till the harvesting, we need to provide water, fertilizer, compost, potting soil, neem oil.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
You can cut the flowers off anytime after blooming, but it’s best to pick some right when the petals have opened.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest easily by the cutting flower. It will re-grow again. No need to remove the plants.