Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Gerbera mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Gerbera seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can work fine. Soak the seeds for an hour in the water and keep the seeds for drying sometime.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Better to sow the Gerbera seeds in the tray. If we are growing in the tray we can shift anywhere in case of heavy rain. When the root reaches 2 to 3 inches in the length then transplant to the pot.
3. What is the best season to grow the Gerbera?
Summer season is the best season to grow Gerbera. It likes hot weather. In this weather, Gerbera encourages to grow quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Gerbera seeds can germination in all the season. But in the summer season, it's germination process will be strong.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Gerbera should germinate within 14 days if the soil is moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by the plastic. It can grow fine without covering the plants.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It is suitable to grow in indoor because it needs fluorescent light. It can't sustain from the high sunlight.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is best to grow Gerbera plants. Gerbera takes more space to grow. Our rectangular pot has large space on it, it helps to grow comfortably.
9. What temperature is required?
It can grow quickly in 10 to 20-degree temperature. In this temperature, its germination process will be very strong.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the necessary things to grow early and healthy. If you are buying our potting mix no need to invest for any other fertilizer or to the compost. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on. It is sufficient to grow the plant healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Gerberas are the low water consumer. It needs water four to five days once in the summer season. 7 to 8 days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It can not sustain from the high sunlight. So it is better to grow in indoor.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can grow healthy with less sunlight or without sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Alternaria Leaf Spot, Bacterial Leaf Spot, Botrytis Blight, Fusarium Stem Rot, Pythium Root Rot are the common diseases to this plant. In case if your plants facing this problem, try with "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix ) and Neem oil (In the case of any diseases) it will take six to seven weeks to harvest from the seeding.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the flowers will come for the good color it ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the flowers directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the flowers from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
We Also Recommend