Bulk Order Query
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Gerbera seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can work fine. Soak the seeds for an hour in the water and keep the seeds for drying sometime.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow the Gerbera?
Summer season is the best season to grow Gerbera. It likes hot weather. In this weather, Gerbera encourages to grow quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Gerbera seeds can germination in all the season. But in the summer season, it's germination process will be strong.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Gerbera should germinate within 14 days if the soil is moist.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It is suitable to grow in indoor because it needs fluorescent light. It can't sustain from the high sunlight.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is best to grow Gerbera plants. Gerbera takes more space to grow. Our rectangular pot has large space on it, it helps to grow comfortably.
8. What temperature is required?
It can grow quickly in 20-degree temperature. In this temperature, its germination process will be very strong.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Gerberas are the low water consumer. It needs water four to five days once in the summer season. 7 to 8 days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It can not sustain from the high sunlight. So it is better to grow in indoor.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can grow healthy with less sunlight or without sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Alternaria Leaf Spot, Bacterial Leaf Spot, Botrytis Blight, Fusarium Stem Rot, Pythium Root Rot are the common diseases which affect this plant. In case if your plants are facing this problem, use "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix ) and Neem oil (In the case of any diseases) it will take six to seven weeks to harvest from the seeding.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Harvesting is done when outer 2-3 rows of disc florets are perpendicular to the stalk.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the flowers directly by hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the flowers from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.