All about growing Palak in your garden Make your garden beautiful by growing this palak/spinach plants. Palak is a rich source of vitamin B, C, E and healthiest source of nutrients and minerals. Us...
Gomphrena mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Gomphrena seeds overnight for better germination?
Gomphrena seeds can work fine after the soaking the seeds. As we experimented soaked seeds can germinate quickly also it performs well.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Better to sow the Petunia seeds in the tray. If we are growing in the tray we can shift anywhere in case of heavy rain. When the root reaches 2 to 3 inches in the length then transplant to the pot.
3. What is the best season to grow Gomphrena?
Gomphrena plants are warm weather season. During the summer season, it can grow quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Gomphrena seeds can germinate in all the season. But it can germinate in summer season soon.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
It can germinate in 7 - 10 days of the seeding till that, the soil around the plants should be moist. Moist soil encourages to grow soon.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by the plastic, it can germinate without covering the plastic. All the plants do not require plastic.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Gomphrena needs complete direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can help to grow as healthy plants.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is suitable to grow the plants. Our rectangular container has large space on it. It helps to grow the plant's root lengthy.
9. What temperature is required?
Gomphrena can cultivate quickly in 21-degree temperature. In this temperature plant's germination capacity will be strong.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
As we experimented all the vegetable and flower plants require fertilizer and compost to grow as a healthy plant. If you are using our potting mix no need to worry about such thing. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it, it sufficient to grow.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
It may be summer or any other season but give the sufficient water to the plants. Always the soil must be moist. Check the top surface, if it is fully dry we can spray the water once again.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It can sustain from the high sunlight because it likes warm weather, which helps to make the plants strong.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Gomphrena needs at least four to five hours sunlight per day. So it is better to grow in outdoor or place it where it can get sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Gomphrena globosa, Celosia plumosa both are the common diseases. So we introduce the pesticide for that called "Need oil". Our neem oil can destroy the common diseases also makes plants strong. Neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil ( If any diseases) properly it will take nearly 80 days to harvest.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the plant will come to the good color we harvest the flower.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can pluck the flowers directly from the hand or cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
We Also Recommend