Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Green peas seeds overnight for better germination?
We can soak the Green peas seeds in the water for an hour for better germination. Soaked seeds can work fine.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow peas?
We can expect the best result in the winter season. Green peas grow best in moist and cool weather.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Green peas seeds can germinate in all the season but it gives good yield in winter.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Green peas can take 10 to 15 days to germinate. During the germination period, the soil around the plant must be moist.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It needs sunlight for at least 4 - 5 hours. So you can place the pot either indoors or in the outdoor but make sure that plant should get sufficient sunlight.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is best to grow Peas plants. Green peas takes more space to grow. Our rectangular pot has large space on it, it helps to grow comfortably.
8. What temperature is required?
Green peas are taking 10 to 25 degree temperature to grow quickly. Cool weather helps to grow soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the necessary things for plants to grow early and healthy. If you are buying our potting mix no need to invest for any other fertilizer or to the compost. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in. It is sufficient to grow the plant healthy.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Actually Green peas is a heavy water consumer. It needs water regular in the summer season, two or three days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It is a cool weather crop, so it can't sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can not sustain with less sunlight or without sunlight. So place the plants where it can get the sunlight at least three to four hours sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Mexican bean beeties, Aphids, Fusarturn wilt are the common diseases we can find in the Green peas. In these cases, we can apply the "Neem oil". Neem oil is an organic pesticide. Our Neem oil comes with the user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Peas will take nearly 60 to 100 days to harvest from the seeding. Till that, we need to provide the potting mix, water and Neem oil on time.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
When the peas changes from dark green to light green color and good size we can harvest the Peas.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
Just cut the Peas from the pruning secateurs safely, no need to remove the plants it will start to give the fruit again it will re-grow again.