Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Knol Khol seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Knol?
Winter season is the best season to grow the Knol plants. Knols are winter season crop, it grows well in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Knol seeds are available in all the season, but its germination speed is good in the winter season. So better to grow in the winter season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Knol will take 7 - 21 days to germinate the seeds. Most of the cases moisture soil can increase the growing speed, so keep the soil moist in the germination period.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Knol can grow either indoors or outdoor. But it needs at least one to two hours of sunlight per day.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Knol's roots can acquire more place. So it is better to grow in a rectangular pot. Because our rectangular pot has a large space to grow.
8. What temperature is required?
Knol can grow in 15 to 25-degree temperature. This temperature helps to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat-based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the mandatorily required things to grow the plants, for that no need to invest separately. If you're buying Our potting mix, it has fertilizer and compost content in it. It increases the growing capacity.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Knol is not a heavy water consumer, it needs regular water in the summer and two days once in the winter and rain season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Sometimes due to heavy sunlight Knol plants cannot sustain, so better to grow in the winter season.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can grow with less sunlight. At least it needs one-hour sunlight per day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Aphids, Mustard sawfly, Semi looper, Nematodes are the common diseases can attack Knol. In the case of these diseases, you can spray the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against most of the common diseases. Our neem oil is available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Knol will take 50 to 65 days to harvest from the seeding. Till that we need to provide the Potting mix, water, and Neem oil properly.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest?
When the Knol reaches 5- 8 cms in diameter, it can be harvested.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Knol directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. We can remove the plant because it won't regrow again.