1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Kochia seeds overnight for better germination?
We can soak the Kochia seeds for better germination. Soaked seeds can germinate quickly compared to non-soaked seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow the Kochia?
Kochia is a summer crop. It grows well in Summer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Kochia seeds can available in all the season and also germinates in all the season. But in the summer season, its germination process will be strong.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
If we are keeping the soil moist it can germinate soon, that means nearly 10 to 25 days. The moist soil can increase the growing speed.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It need minimum 5 to 6 hours of sunlight. So better to grow in outdoor or if you want to grow indoor, place it where it can get sunlight properly.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A round container will be comfortable to grow the Kochia plants. Kochia can spread its roots deeply. So it needs more place to grow. Our round container has sufficient place on it.
8. What temperature is required to grow Kochia?
We can expect the quick result in 18 to 21' degree temperature. In this temperature, Kochia plants start to grow soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Kochia plants can live with consuming the less water. This plants won't expect more water. In the summer, it needs water for four to five days once. Six to seven days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Kochia is a warm weather crop. So it can sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It needs at least, four to five sunlight every day, so it is better to place the plants where it can get sufficient sunlight everyday.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Phytophthora Blight, Bacterial Blight are the common diseases. We can avoid them by applying the "Neem oil". Neem oil is a natural pesticide. Our Neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take 80 to 90 days to grow as a maturity plant.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Harvest should take place when the plants stand 18 to 26 inches in height. Cutting the tops off the kochia plants to harvest will allow three or four harvests per season.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again