All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
Marigold orange seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked Marigold seeds can germinate quickly. In this seed soaking format increases the quick growing.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can sow the Marigold seeds into the tray. When the plant's root reaches two to three inches in the length, it needs some more place to grow. Otherwise, it's roots can attack by the diseases.
3. What is the best season?
Marigold prefers summer season to grow quickly. Warm weather increases the germination process speed
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Marigold seeds are available in all the season. But Marigold likes warm weather, It's yielding process increases in this season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
It will take two to three weeks to germinate during this period the soil must be moist and it need sunlight.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
After sowing the seeds we can maintain it in the indoor, when the sprout generate, it requires direct sunlight. On that need to place where it can get the sunlight.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
After sow the seeds we can maintain it in the indoor, when the sprout generate, it requiers direct sunlight. On that need to transplant to the pot.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to Marigold, it does not require more space grow.
9. What temperature is required?
Marigold is a warm weather crop, it likes hot weather. It can grow properly in 15 to 21-degree temperature.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the mandatorily required things to grow the plants, for that no need to invest separately. If you're buying Our potting mix, it has fertilizer and compost content on it. It increases the growing capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Marigold cannot consume more water. Three days once in the summer, two days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop it is, it can sustain from the high sunlight. Marigold can protect themselves.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Marigolds performs best in full sunlight, it can grow in indoor also but make sure that place it where it can get sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Wilt and Stem Rot, Damping Off, Damping Off, Nematodes, Powdery Mildew are the common diseases. In case if you're facing that problem use "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you're providing water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix), and Neem oil ( in case any disease) it will take 50-80 days from seed to flower harvest.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the Marigolds come for the good color it ready for the harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the tomatoes directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the tomatoes from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.You can pluck the flower directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Marigold from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend