Bulk Order Query
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Mesembryanthemum seeds overnight for better germination?
Better to soak the seeds before sowing. Some seeds are not required soaking but Mesembryanthemum seeds need soaking. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Mesembryanthemum ?
Winter season is the best season to grow the Mesembryanthemum plants. Mesembryanthemum plants need complete cool weather. So it is better to grow in the winter season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Mesembryanthemum seeds can available in all the season also germinate in all the season. But in the winter season, it cultivates quickly.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Mesembryanthemum doesn't require more watering during the germination period and the soil should be moist. In this method seeds can germinate in 14-28 days.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
In the germination period, it can grow without sunlight. After germination, it requires full sunlight. So better to place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is better to grow the Mesembryanthemums plants. This plant requires the more place to grow its roots. So our rectangular pot has the sufficient place to grow.
8. What temperature is required?
We can expect the best result in 15-20°C temperature. This temperature helps to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
In summer, water once in every two or three days. Water five to six days once in the winter and in the rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
It can sustain from the high sunlight. Mesembryanthemum needs direct sunlight to grow.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Better to place it outdoor, if you like to grow in indoor place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Mesembryanthemum can be affected by the Common ice plant, Botrytis cinerea, Glyceraldehyde, and some other diseases. If your plants are facing these problems, we advise using "Neem oil ". Neem oil can clear all kinds of diseases. It is a natural pesticide.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Mesembryanthemum can come for the harvest nearly 80 to 90 days after the sowing. Till that we need to care the plants by providing the water, potting and neem oil on time.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Harvesting is done when outer 2-3 rows of disc florets are perpendicular to the stalk.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can pluck the flowers directly from the hand or cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.