1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can give the better result. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
Winter season is the best season to grow Nemesia (hybrid). The germination process will be good in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
You can grow Nemesia in all the season. But it will grow well in Winter.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Nemesia will take 5 to 10 days to germinate from seeding. During the germination period, soil should be moist, so keep watering it frequently.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Nemesia requires good sunlight, so better to grow in outdoor. If you like to grow indoor place it where it can get good sunlight.
7. What temperature is required?
Nemesia needs around 15 degree C to 22 degree C temperature. In this, we can expect the better result.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Plants need fertilizer and compost mandatorily. For that no need to invest separately. If you are buying our potting mix it is enough. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. So it increases the germinating capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Water Nemesia regularly and deeply as plant loves moist soil. In warm climates or where the plant is planted in exposed windy condition, take care about watering, not letting the plant dry out completely.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Nemesia grows better when temperatures are cool. In areas with mild summer temperatures, they bloom from late spring until the first frost. In hot climates, they do well in early spring or fall, but flag in the heat of summer. You can grow the plants as winter annuals in frost-free areas.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can sustain with less sunlight. But we have to keep it outdoor in the sunlight for better growth.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
It can be prone to common insect attacks. So use Neem oil which protects the plant and acts as an organic pesticide. It is available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Nemesia will take 150 to 180 days harvest from the seeding. Till the harvesting, we need to provide water, fertilizer, compost, potting soil, neem oil.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
You can cut the flowers off anytime after blooming, but it’s best to pick some right when the petals have opened.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest easily by the cutting flower. It will re-grow again. No need to remove the plants