All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
Onion seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the Onion seeds in the water. It will give the same performance if it does not soak also. So soaking the waste of time for Onion seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or Direct sow is recommended?
Seeding in the tray is a best practice because due to heavy rain sometimes there are chances to lose the seeds. So if it is in the tray we can shift it soon. After reaching a 2 to 3 inches in the length than we can sow into the pot or to the land directly.
3. What is the best season?
As we experimented Onion will grow quickly in the summer season. During the hot weather, Onion’s germination process will be strong.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Onion seeds are available in all season (Trust Basket) also it will germinate in all the season. But summer is the best time to grow Onions.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
During the germination period, soil should be moist and water will be most important thing. If we are providing the fertilizer and compost (potting mix) properly it will take two to three weeks to germinate.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by the plastic. Onions require sunlight least five to six hours every day.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Onions are basically outdoor plants, but we can grow it indoor also. In case you are planning to grow indoor, place it where it can get at least five to six hours sunlight every day.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
The deep round container is suitable to grow onion. Because Onion roots and topper leaves will take more space to grow.
9. What temperature is required?
Onion prefers temperatures 26' degrees. In this temperature onion will encourage the fast growing and in this temperature Onion will not get any diseases. In the case of any diseases use “Neem oil”.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Almost all the plants need fertilizer and compost mandatorily. If you’re using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost contact on it. It increases the soil quality and rehabilitee.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Onions plant not require more water. We need to water properly on time to grow as a healthy plant. Below instructions help you while watering.
Summer : Water should be for three days once.
Winter : Five or six days once (If top surface is fully dry can spray water again)
Rainy : In case rain water is not flowing to the plants. Five or six days once.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Onions can sustain from the high sunlight. Because it will grow under the soil also it likes sunlight, it needs more sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Onions can grow either indoor or in the outdoor. But we need to place, where it can get at least five to six hours sunlight every day. So it is suitable to keep in outdoor.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Onions can get commonly diseases like Neck rot, fusarium rot. If you are facing this or any other problems use “Neem oil. Neem oil will clear all diseases also, it protect the plants.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you’re providing water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil ( In the case of any diseases) properly it will take 100 to 175 days to grow from seed to harvest. Some onions depend with varieties.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the onion leaves reach 4 to 6 inches in the length it is ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
When the Onions comes for harvest pull out from the pot or remove the plant by gardening trowel safely. Onions will not grow again. We have to sow the seeds for next harvest.
6. Advantages of Onions
- Nowadays it is a compulsory thing to cook.
- It helps to Sleep and mood
- Bone density in order woman
- Heart health
We Also Recommend