Check COD Availability
Country of origin : INDIA
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Papaya seeds overnight for better germination?
Soak the Papaya seeds in light hot water for on hour for quick germination. Soaked seeds can work quick.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Papaya?
Summer season is the best season to grow Papaya plants. In the summer season, Papaya starts to grow soon.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Papaya seed is available in all the season also it germinate in all the season. But its germination process will be very strong in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Papaya will take two weeks to germinate. During the germination period, the soil must be moist.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Till the seeds germinate, it doesn't require the sunlight. Later it needs sufficient sunlight. Papaya plants can grow more than 10 feet, so better grow outdoor.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Beginning we can grow at round or in the rectangular container, but Papaya can grow more than 10 feet. So better to transplants directly into the land.
8. What temperature is required to grow Papaya?
Papayas require temperature between 20°c to 25°c to grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Papaya does not require more water. Three days once in winter and rainy season, two days once in the summer season would be enough. Overwatering can invite the diseases.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Papaya is a warm-weather crop, so it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can grow with less sunlight. But it needs at least two to three hours of sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Bacterial leaf spot, Anthracnose, Phytophthora fruit and stem rot are the common diseases. If your plants are facing these problems, we recommended to use the "Neem oil". Neem oil is a natural pesticide. So it can avoid diseases. Our Neem is available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Papaya will take seven to eight months to harvest from the seeding. Till that time, plant needs complete moist around the plant.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Papaya fruit should be harvested after color break - when some yellow shows on the fruit - but before fully yellow
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Papaya directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Papaya from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow.