Nature is the most beautiful creation in this world. The word 'Nature' gives us a relaxed feeling irrespective of any sort of tensions. A whole lot of greenery comes into our mind when we think abo...
Portulaca mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Portulaca seeds overnight for better germination?
All the seeds are not required the soaking format. Some seeds will work fine without soaking also. So better to non-soak the seeds.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can sow the seeds in the tray at the beginning When the plant's roots reach 2 to 3 inches in the length it need someone place to grow. On that time, we have to transplants the plants to the pot
3. What is the best season to grow the Portulaca?
In the summer season, portulaca can grow quickly. Warm weather can increase the germination speed.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Portulaca seeds can available online in all the season (Trustbasket) also it germinated in all the season. But it performs will in the summer season.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
In the summer season, it will take 10 to 15 days to germinate the seeds.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by the plastic, it can grow without covering the plants by the plastics. Portulaca requires direct sunlight.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It is better to grow in outdoor because it need direct sunlight. If you like to grow it in indoor, place it where it can the sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
We can grow Portulaca plants in round container. Our round container has good width and length. It is sufficient to grow the plants.
9. What temperature is required?
It can grow quickly in 18 to 21' degree temperature. In this temperature, Portulaca starts to grow soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using potting mix (TrustBasket), no need to invest for any other compost, because plants need fertilizer and compost to germinate quickly. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It helps to grow healthy.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Most important we should keep moist around the seeds during their germination, so remember to water the plants regularly. It requires more than 1 inches of water from the top surface. Once the plants established it does not require that much water. Summer: Need regular watering. Winter: Need two days once watering. Rainy: Three days once. (If rain water is not reaching to the plant)
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Portulaca is a warm-weather crop that require full sun, which means four or more hours of the sun per day. So it can sustain from the high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Portulacas need nearly four to five hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Aphids, gnats both are common diseases to Portulaca. If your plants also facing this problem, we advice applying "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight with diseases and also it destroys the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing proper water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix), Neem oil (In the case of any diseases) it will be ready for harvest 65 to 80 days after sowing.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the flowers will come for the good color it ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
We Also Recommend