1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Pumpkin seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Pumpkin?
Summer is the best season to grow Pumpkin. Warm weather helps Pumpkin to grow quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Pumpkin seeds can available in all the season, also it germinate in all the season. But in the summer season, we can expect a good yield.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Pumpkins will take nearly 5 to 10 days to germinate. Moist soil increases the growing speed. So we should keep the soil moist.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Pumpkin plants are basically outdoor plants. It needs sunlight if plants can get the sunlight in the indoor we can grow it in indoor. Otherwise places it outdoor.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is suitable to for the Pumpkin. Pumpkin consumes more place to grow. So our rectangular pot has sufficient space to grow it.
8. What temperature is required to grow Pumpkin?
Pumpkins are growing quickly in 18 to 21 temperature. This temperature helps to grow well.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the mandatorily required things to grow plants. If you're buying Our potting mix, for that no need to invest separately. It has fertilizer and compost content in it. It increases the growing capacity.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Pumpkins are not heavy water consumers. It needs water regular in the summer season, two or three days once in the winter and rainy season. If top surface is fully dry spray the water once again.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Pumpkins like warm weather. So it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sometimes due to less sunlight plants cannot live. So place the plants where it can get the sunlight properly.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Phytophthora Blight, Fruit Spot Bacterial Fruit Spot, Powdery Mildew are the common diseases. If you find these diseases in your plants, you can apply the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight against the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing the fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Nee oil, Pumpkims will take 100-130 days to come for the harvest from the sow.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
The skin of a pumpkin will be hard when the pumpkin is ripe. Use a fingernail and gently try to puncture the pumpkin's skin. If the skin dents but doesn't puncture, the pumpkin is ready to pick
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Just cut the Pumpkims from the pruning secateurs safely, no need to remove the plants it will start to give the fruit again it will re-grow again.