1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Salvia seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow the Salvia?
Salvias will grow quickly in the Winter season. During the cool weather, Salvia’s germination process will be strong.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Salvia seeds are available in all season (Trust Basket) also it will germinate in all the season. But winter is the best time to grow the Salvia.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
During the germination period, soil should be moist. If we are providing the fertilizer and compost (potting mix) properly it will take 7 to 15 days germinate.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Salvias can grow with less sunlight. Just it needs cool weather and it needs one to two hours sunlight every day.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Salvia flower. It acquires more space after germination. Our round container has large space on it. So any plants can grow comfortably in it.
8. What temperature is required?
Salvias need warm weather, which helps to grow quickly. So it can grow quickly in 10 to 21' degree temperature.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
In summer water everyday. In winter and rainy season you can water once in 3 -4 days.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As it is a winter crop, it cannot sustain high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can grow quickly with less sunlight also. Salvia does not require more sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
The Salvias can be affected by the Powdery Mildew, Gray Mold, Black Spot and some other diseases. If your plants are suffering from these diseases, we advise using "Neem oil". Neem oil acts as an organic pesticide and it avoids the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take nearly 70 to 80 days to harvest from the seeding.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Once the flower starts to bloom, you need to harvest within 2 days .
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow.
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.