All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
Salvia mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Salvia seeds overnight for better germination?
As we saw most of the cases, If does not soak the Salvia seeds also it will work fine. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the begging, but when the roots reach 2 to 3 inches in the length it requires some more space to grow. So sow the seeds directly to the pot, is the best to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow the Salvia?
As we experimented Salvias will grow quickly in the summer season. During the hot weather, Salvia’s germination process will be strong.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Salvia seeds are available in all season (Trust Basket) also it will germinate in all the season. But summer is the best time to grow the Salvia.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
During the germination period, soil should be moist and water will be most important. If we are providing the fertilizer and compost (potting mix) properly it will take 7 to 15 days germinate.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
During the germination period, it requires constant warm weather so we can cover the plants by plastic. After the sprout, it needs direct sunlight so need to remove the cover on that time.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Salvias can grow with less sunlight. Just it needs warm weather and also, it needs one to two hours sunlight every day.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Salvia flower. Because it acquires more space after sprouts grown. Our round container has large space on it. So any plants can grow comfortably on it.
9. What temperature is required?
Salvias need warm weather, which helps to grow quickly. So it can grow quickly in 18 to 21' degree temperature.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Salvias requires fertilizer and compost to grow as a healthy plant. Our potting mix has fertilizer and composts on it, also, it makes root strong also it resist the diseases.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Per days once we need to watering to the plant in the summer season. Also, we have to observe the top surface. If it is dry we need to spray the again.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Sometimes this kind of plants cannot sustain due to high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It can grow quickly with less sunlight also. Salvia does not require more sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
The Salvias can attack by the Powdery Mildew, Gray Mold, Black Spot and some other diseases. If your plants suffering from like this diseases, we advise to using "Neem oil". Neem oil acts as an organic pesticide and it destroys the diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take nearly 70 to 80 days to harvest from the seeding.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the flowers will come for the good color it ready to harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can cut the flower by the help of pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again
We Also Recommend