Bulk Order Query
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Snake gourd seeds overnight for better germination?
We can soak the Snake Gourd seeds in the water for an hour for better germination. Soaked seeds can work fine.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Better to sow the Snake gourd seeds in the tray. If we are growing in the tray we can shift anywhere in case of heavy rain. When the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in the length, we can transplant them to the pot.
3. What is the best season to grow Snake gourd?
Summer season is the best season to grow Snake gourd. Warm weather helps to grow.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Snake gourd can germinate in all the season, But Snake gourds are the warm-weather crop, so during the summer season it will try to give the best result.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Snake gourd will take 10 to 30 days to germinate. During the germination, the soil must be moist. Most of the cases moisture soil can increase the growing capacity.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
As a warm weather crop it is, it can sustain heavy sunlight, also it takes the sunlight as an advantage to grow.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is suitable to grow Snake gourd. Its root requires the large space to grow, so the rectangular container is best to grow this plants.
8. What temperature is required?
Snake gourd needs 17 to 23-degree temperature. This temperature increases the growing speed.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the necessary things for plants to grow early and healthy. If you are buying our potting mix no need to invest for any other fertilizer or to the compost. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in. It is sufficient to grow the plant healthy.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Snake gourds are not a heavy water consumer. Three days once in the winter and rainy season and daily or two days once in the summer season
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Snake gourds can sustain heavy sunlight. It takes sunlight as an advantage to grow quickly.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Sometimes due to less sunlight, we can lose the plants. So place it where it can get the sunlight at least 3 to 4 hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Angular leaf spot, Cause both are very common diseases. You can avoid those diseases with using our organic pesticide "Neem oil". Neem oil destroy the diseases also it makes the plants strong.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Snake gourds will take nearly three months to come for the harvest. Till that we should provide the fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and neem oil on time.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Harvest snake gourds when young and of the size about 16-18 inches.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Snake gourd directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Snake gourd from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.