1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
Soaked seeds can give the better result. Soaked seeds will germinate quickly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
Winter season is the best season to grow Stocks(OP). The germination process will be good in this season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
You can grow Stocks in all the season. But it will grow well in Winter.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Stocks seeds will take 7 to 10 days to germinate from seeding. During the germination period, soil should be moist, so keep watering it frequently.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
Like most of the plants, Stocks requires good sunlight. So better to grow in outdoor. If you like to grow indoor place it where it can get good sunlight.
7. What temperature is required?
Stocks needs minimum 15 degree C to 20 degree C. In this temperature, we can expect the better result.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Plants need fertilizer and compost mandatorily. For that no need to invest separately. If you are buying our potting mix it is enough. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. So it increases the germinating capacity.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Daily watering in summer, two days once in the winter season and 3 days once in rainy season.( if rainwater does not flow to the plant).
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As Stocks is a Winter season crop, it can’t withstand high sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Like other plants, Stocks needs sunlight. So we suggest to keep it outdoor in the sunlight for better growth.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Root rot is the common disease that affects Stocks. It is also affected by Aphids and Spider mites. So use Neem oil which protects the plant and acts as an organic pesticide. It is available with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Stocks will take 110 to 150 days harvest from the seeding. Till the harvesting, we need to provide water, fertilizer, compost, potting soil, neem oil.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Stocks will grow tall, 1-2 feet. They will produce of blooms on strong, straight stems. Flowers are long lasting, and will bloom from mid summer until frost.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Stocks directly from hand. You can also prune it from pruning secateurs safely.
Use within 6 months from the date of manufacture.