Growing green peas at home- All that you should know! I hope you would have loved my previous blog post about “summer squash”. I was wondering what to write about when this frisky thought...
Vinca pink seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Vinca flower seeds overnight for better germination?
The soaking format will not applicable to all varieties of seeds. Some seeds need soaking, someone not. If does not soak also it will give the same performance.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can sow any kind of the seeds in the tray. When the roots germinate 2 to 3 inches in the length it requires some more place, like this times better to transplant the plants to the pot.
3. What is the best season to grow the Vinca flower?
Summer season is the best season to grow Vinca flower. In this season, Vinca takes less time to grow.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Vinca pink seeds are available in all season. We can grow in all the season. But Vinca likes warm weather, in this warm weather, its growing speed will be increasing.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
Vinca pink will take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate the seeds.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by the plastic. It can work fine without covering the plants.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It need complete direct sunlight, So you can place the pot either indoors or in the outdoor but make sure that plant should get the sunlight.
8. Which container is suitable to grow the Vinca flower? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is best to grow Vinca plants. Vinka takes more space to grow. Our rectangular pot has large space on it.
9. What temperature is required?
Vinca needs hot weather to grow quickly especially we can expect quick growing in 19 to 21' degree temperature.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
As we experimented all the vegetable and flower plants require fertilizer and compost to grow as a healthy plant. If you are using our potting mix, no need to worry about such thing. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it, it sufficient to grow the plants.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
In hot weather, the plant does not need watering more than once every two or three days, five days once in the winter and in the rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop, it is, it can sustain from the high sunlight. It likes summer and also it cultivate soon in this season.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
This plants can't live without sunlight or less sunlight. It needs at least 4 or more hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Fungus problems can occur in humid or wet weather. To avoid this problem use Neem oil. It can destroy the diseases and also it helps make the plants strong.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing the water, potting mix on time, it will take 10 to 12 weeks to harvest
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the flower color come to the good color we can harvest the flowers.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Vinka directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. Vinka can regenerate the flowers from the same point, so no need to remove the plants.
We Also Recommend