Check COD Availability
Country of origin : INDIA
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Vinca flower seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow the Vinca flower?
Summer season is the best season to grow Vinca flower. In this season, Vinca grows well.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Vinca pink seeds are available in all season. We can grow in all the season. But Vinca likes warm weather. In the warm weather, we can expect the quick growing.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
Vinca pink will take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate from the seeds.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It need complete sunlight. So you can place the pot either indoors or in the outdoor but make sure that plant should get sufficient sunlight.
7. Which container is suitable to grow the Vinca flower? Rectangular, round?
A rectangular container is best to grow Vinca plants. Vinka takes more space to grow. Our rectangular pot has large space in it.
8. What temperature is required?
Vinca needs hot weather to grow quickly especially we can expect quick growing in 19 to 21' degree temperature.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
In hot weather, the plant does not need watering more than once every two or three days, five days once in the winter and in the rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As it is a warm weather crop, it can sustain from the high sunlight. It likes summer and also it cultivate soon in this season.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
This plants can't live without sunlight or in less sunlight. It needs at least 4 or more hours sunlight everyday.
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Fungus problems can occur in humid or wet weather. To avoid this problem use Neem oil. It is a natural pesticide. It can destroy the diseases and also make the plants strong.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing the water, potting mix on time, it will take 10 to 12 weeks to harvest
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
Once the flower starts to bloom, you need to harvest within 2 days.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Vinka directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. Vinka can regenerate the flowers from the same point, so no need to remove the plants.