Check COD Availability
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Watermelon seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season to grow Watermelon?
Watermelon can give the best result in the summer season. Warm weather helps to grow quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Watermelon seeds can available in all season also it can germinate in all the season. But Watermelon gives good yield in the summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
It will take nearly 7 to 10 days to germinate. During the germination period, the soil around the plants must be moist. Moist soil can increase the growing speed.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
In case you are planting the Watermelon indoor that will grow less abundantly due to less sunlight. So it is better to grow it outdoor for the best result.
7. Which container is suitable to grow Watermelon? Rectangular, round?
Rectangular pots are better to grow any kinds of the plant because the round plant will consume more space, compare to the rectangular pots
8. What temperature is required?
Watermelon needs 20 to 25 degree temperature to grow. In this temperature, it can grow soon.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat based potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of the plants need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Watermelon does not require more water. In summer, water once in 2 days and 3 days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Watermelons are the warm-weather crop. So it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
It requires direct sunlight so it is better to grow in outdoor or place it where it can get the sunlight properly
1. What are the common diseases it gets?
Bacterial Fruit Blotch, Anthracnose, Downy Mildew, Alternaria Leaf Spot, Cercospora Leaf Spot are the common diseases. If your plants are facing these problems, we advice using the "Neem oil". Neem oil can fight with most of the common diseases. Our neem oil comes with a user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
Watermelon will take 65-90 days to harvest from the sow. Till that we need to provide the water on time.
2. How to identify whether it is ready for harvest?
When a melon is ripe, its belly will go from near white to creamy yellow. This melon is turned to show its belly, which is the spot on which the melon rested on the ground.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
Cut the Watermelon from the knife or in the pruning secateurs safely. No need to remove the plants it will re-grow.