All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
Zinia mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Zinia seeds overnight for better germination?
Non-soaked seeds can grow quickly. Soaking will not apply to all the seeds. So it is better to sow directly.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
Better to sow the Zinia seeds in the tray. If we are growing in the tray we can shift anywhere in case of heavy rain. When the root reaches 2 to 3 inches in the length then transplant to the pot.
3. What is the best season to grow Zinia?
It can germinate in all the season, but in the summer season, warm weather helps to grow quickly.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Zinia seeds are available in all the season also it germinate in all the season. But in the summer season, warm weather helps to grow healthy.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
It will take 7 to 10 days ti germinate the seeds. During the germination period soil around the plant moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
During the germination time only we can cover the plants by the plastic to maintain the constant temperature. After the sprout generates, it requires direct sunlight. So better to remove the cover after the sprout.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can keep the pot indoor till sprout generate. Later we need to keep the plants for sunlight. So place it where it can get the sunlight properly.
8. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
We can grow Zinia plants in round container. Our round container has good width and length. It is sufficient to grow the plants.
9. What temperature is required?
Zinia plants can grow comfortably in 18 to 21 degree temperature.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Zinia plants require fertilizer and compost to grow quickly. If you're using our potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost or fertilizer because our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It increases the growing speed.
3. How to water ?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Zinia plants will take more water, especially in the summer season it need regular water and three days once in the winter and also in the rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Zinia is the warm weather crop. Zinia plants are taken the summer weather as an advantage to grow quickly. So it can sustain heavy sunlight.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
In the sprout generation time only it can grow without sunlight later it need complete sunlight, which means four or more hours per day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
Alternia Leaf Spot, Aster Yellows, Bacterial Leaf Spot are the common diseases. If your plants suffering from this problem, we advise to using the "Neem oil". Which fight with common diseases.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
It will take nearly 70 to 90 days to come for the harvest. Till that we need to provide the water, fertilizer, compost (potting mix) and Neem oil ( any diseases) properly.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit colour )
When the flower will come to the good color we can harvest the flower.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from root or just cut and it grows again?
We can harvest the Alyssum easily. Just cut the flower by the pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.
We Also Recommend