All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
Calendula mixed seeds (Hybrid)
1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the Calendula seeds overnight for better germination?
Soak the seeds for 15 to 20 min in the clean water for better germination. Soaking increase the growing speed from the seeding.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or direct sow is recommended?
We can sow the seeds in the tray at starting 5 to 10 days. Later we have to shift to the pot. Because after the sprout, it requires some more space to grow. So better to grow in the pot.
3. What is the best season to grow Calendula?
Calendula needs warm weather to grow, so it better to grow in the summer season.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Calendula seeds can available in all the seasons (Trustbasket). But it can give the best performance in summer.
5. How many days will it take to germinate? Minimum - maximum
It will take one to two weeks to germinate. During this period the soil moist.
6. Should we cover the pot with the plastic cover for better germination?
No need to cover the plants by plastic, because it requires direct sunlight.
7. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
We can sow it either indoor or outdoor, but makes sure it should get warm weather. Because Calendula needs 3 to 4 hours sunlight every day. If it is possible to get the sunlight indoor, we can grow indoor also.
8. Which container is suitable to grow Calendula ? Rectangular, round?
Either of rectangular or Round pot can be used. Rectangular pots are better for most of the plants because the round pot will consume more space compare to the rectangular pots
9. What temperature is required?
Calendula requires the 18-degree temperature to grow healthy. In this temperature, Calendulas can grow quickly.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
Fertilizer and compost are the required things to grow the plants. If you're using our potting mix no need to invest for those things separately. Our potting mix has fertilizer and compost content on it. It can make the plant strong.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Calendulas leave with less water. Weekly once in the summer season. Three or four days once in the winter and rainy season.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
As a warm weather crop it is, it can sustain from the high sunlight. It likes summer and also it cultivate soon in this season.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Calendula is a warm-weather crop, that require full sun, which takes 3 or more hours of the sun per day. It can't sustain in less sunlight.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
We advise using "Neem oil" in the case of any diseases. Our Neem oil can fight with common diseases like kabloona, powery mildew, damping off, Fungal leaf spot, Mosaic virus, Bacterial leaf spot.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If we are giving moist soil, water, fertilizer, compost, on timely it will take five to six weeks to harvest from the sowing.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest? ( mention the height of plant or fruit color )
When the Calendula come for the good color it ready for the harvest.
3. How Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
You can pluck the Calendula directly from hand. But handle the plant gently while doing so. You can also cut the Calendula from pruning secateurs safely, it will re-grow again.You May Be Also Intrested In: Garden Shears, Polished Pebbles, Metal Plant Pots, Metal-Accessories, Kitchen Waste Compost Bin
We Also Recommend