1. How to germinate seeds
1. Should we soak the seeds overnight for better germination?
No need to soak the seeds in water. Directly we can sow the seeds. But we should keep the seeds moist during the germination.
2. Should we use the seedling tray or Direct sow is recommended?
We can maintain the seeds in the tray at the beginning. But when the plant reaches 2 to 3 inches in length it requires some more space to grow. Sowing directly into pot is the best way to cultivate.
3. What is the best season?
Winter and rainy seasons are the best seasons to grow carrots. Because it needs, wet soil and cold weather to grow.
4. Will it germinate in all seasons?
Seeds are available in all the seasons (TrustBacket). But Carrots can grow quickly in winter and rainy season because in those seasons its germination process will be strong. So it is better to grow in winter and rainy seasons.
5. How many days will it take to germinate?
If your plant growing healthy with all needs ( Good soil, water, fertilizer, compost)It will take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate from sowing. During that period soil should be moist.
6. Can we keep it indoor after sowing or we should keep it outdoor?
It is better to keep the plants outdoor. Because Carrot needs 3 to 4 hours sunlight every day. If it is possible to get the sunlight indoor, we can grow indoor also.
7. Which container is suitable? Rectangular, round?
Round container is suitable to grow Carrot. Because it acquires more space after sprouts grown also Carrots will grow under the soil so it is better to grow in the round container.
8. What temperature is required?
As we know Carrot need cool weather. Carrots will grow quickly in 12’ to 26’ temperature. In this temperature Carrot’s germination process will be very strong and quick.
2. What potting mix to use?
1. Will the coco peat base potting mix be sufficient or does it need soil only?
If you are using a Potting mix, no need to invest for any other compost. Most of all the plant need fertilizer and compost to grow. Potting mix has fertilizer and compost content in it. Also, it keeps soil healthy and moist.
3. How to water?
1. Does it need a lot of water or very less water?
Carrots are cool weather crop. So it takes more water to grow. If we are providing proper water it will grow soon. Below instructions will help you while watering
Summer : Water should be two days once.( In case top surface is fully dry spray the water once again)
Winter : Water should be three days once
Rainy : If rain water is flowing to the plant, no need to watering to it. In case, not three days once.
2. Will it sustain high sunlight?
Carrots can sustain from the high sunlight because it will grow under the soil. It can protect themself. During the high sunlight, it requires more water, so we have keep watering as above instruction.
3. Does it grow indoor in a shade or less sun?
Better to keep the plants in the outdoor. Because it needs, at least, four to five hours sunlight everyday. You can grow indoor also make sure that plants should be placed where it can get four to five hours sunlight every day.
1. What are the common diseases it gets? Like root decay, white flies, many are there like this?
The carrot will get commonly Aster yellows and Rhizoctonia diseases. Like this cases, we advise to use“Neem oil”. Neem oil will avoid the diseases. Also, it helps to grow quick. Our neem oil comes with the user instruction.
1. How many days it takes to grow from seed to harvest stage?
If you are providing proper water, Soil, Fertilizer and compost (potting mix), Neem oil (In the case of any diseases), carrots will take 60 to 75 days to grow from seed to harvest from the seeding.
2. How to identify it is ready for harvest?
Most carrots are ready to harvest when the shoulders are 1/2 to 3/4 inch in diameter, but again, there is much variation depending on the variety.
3. How to Harvest? Should we remove from the root or just cut and it grows again?
We have to remove the complete plant by the headge shear safely because it can’t re-grow again.
6. Advantages of Carrot
- Improves vision
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Promotes healthier skin
- Prevents heart disease
- Protects teeth and gums