Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which plants are suitable for hanging planters?
You can grow a wide variety of plants including flowering plants and vegetables and fruits in hanging planters. However, you need to remember that the plant you choose should be based on the size of the planter and vice versa. You also need to consider how much water and sunlight the plant requires while planting it in hanging planters. A few of the plants that you can grow in hanging planters are geraniums, pansies, petunias, strawberries, tomatoes, and succulents.
2. Which are good places to hang hanging planter pots?
The best place to set up hanging planter pots would be on the balcony railing. You can also hang these pots from the ceiling of your balcony. You can place these planters indoors, provided the plant is able to receive ample sunlight.
3. How can I take care of balcony hanging planter pots?
When you’re setting up a hanging planter pot outdoors, choose a place where the plant can receive ample sunlight for at least 5 hours. After you’ve selected the location, fill the planter with potting mix or soil. Hang the pots at a height such that you can easily reach out and water the plants and trim the dead leaves and flower heads. Regularly trim the dead flower heads, so the plant looks neat and also flowers more.
4. Can I use hanging planter pots indoors?
Yes, you can surely hang planter pots indoors to add aesthetics and a touch of style to your home or office interiors. However, you need to ensure that the plant is placed such that it receives 4 to 5 hours of sunlight every day.
5. Is there any option to use balcony hanging pots as table top?
Yes, you can use the balcony hanging pots as table tops. You just need to remove the detachable chains and place the planter on any flat and firm surface.
6. How to water hanging pots?
You can use a sprayer to water the plant. If the position of the hanging pot allows, you can also place a bucket or basin filled with water under the pot so that the roots can directly absorb the water through the drainage holes.
7. How do I setup a small garden using hanging garden pots?
If you are planning to set up a small garden in your balcony using hanging garden pots, here are the things you should keep in mind:
- Choose plants based on the availability of sunlight in the balcony
- Decide on whether you want to have flowering plants or vegetables
- Choose the size of the planters based on the height of your balcony railing
8. Which are the best flowers for hanging planter pots?
The best flowering plants for hanging planters are pansy, petunia, ivy, begonia, Boston fern, and hanging fuchsia.
9. Are hanging planter pots expensive?
At Trust Basket, we have hanging planter pots at affordable prices. The price will depend on the size and material of the hanging pot.
10. What are some tips for choosing outdoor planters pots?
While choosing outdoor planter pots, you need to choose the size of the pots based on the plants you want to grow in it. You should also consider the available space while choosing the pot size. You can go for round or rectangular pots.
11. What are your tips for hanging plants?
- Water the plants regularly
- Fertilize the soil, so the plant gets the right nutrients
- Rotate the pot occasionally
- Remove dead leaves and flower heads
- Trim the plant at regular intervals