All About Growing Capsicum From Seeds Growing capsicums from seeds is by far the most inexpensive way to get hold of a bountiful harvest of fresh, juicy capsicums for your pizzas and burgers. If yo...
ABOUT COIR PITH & COCONUT PITH BLOCK
Coco peat is also known as coir dust, coir pith, coir fiber pith. It has high water holding capacity and air filled porosity which makes it an ideal growing medium for the plant crops. It is added so that the container retains more moisture for the plants and it reduces the weight. Coco pith is available in different forms.
- Compressed block: Block which looks like a solid brick. Soak it in water and it expands. It’s easy to carry since it weighs less. Normally you can use 5 kg block after reconstitution you will get around 25 kg.
- Coco powder: coco powder can be directly used for the plants as a growing medium while adding mix some vermin compost or add plant food which gives sufficient nutrition for the plants to grow healthy.
Converting coir pith to coco powder is easy. You just need to add sufficient water to the block to get sufficient coco peat soil. If you need to expand the whole block select a large tub which can hold up to 25 litres of water and soak the coir pith block in water for few minutes until it reconstitutes, after few minutes you can simply break the block into powder in your hands.
COCO PEAT FOR PLANTERS
Mix the coco peat soil of 25 to 30 kg with organic vermin compost of 2 to 3 kg for potting mix. Add red soil or sand in some quantities for large plants so that it can hold the weight of the plants as they grow. Coco pit is the best medium for germination. Seeds germinate much faster in coir pith block than in the normal soil.
Below are some of the additional benefits of coco pit
- These are light weighted materials so they bring down the weight of the potted growing medium.
- Compared to normal soil coco peat brick is odourless and pleasant to handle.
- Using coco peat brick there is no need to water daily since it has excellent water ability.
- It also has good drainage/aeration
- Less shrinkage
- Natural and renewable resource
- Promotes strong root growth and plant vigour.
- Since they are light weighted, easy and flexible to carry.
- NO pests, weeds, or diseases
- High water holding capacity while still maintaining excellent drainage and aeration
- Reduces watering frequency without plant stress, thereby reducing labour costs and minimizing plant loss
- Increases shelf life of plants
- Absorbs water readily and re-wets easily, thus reducing the need for wetting agents.
USES OF COCO PITH
- Coir peat is mainly used for potting mix since it is more advantageous than the normal soil.
- In Greenhouse
- Lawn and golf courses
- Nursery & garden center professionals
- Seedling nurseries
- Hydroponics growing media
We from Trust Basket are giving a good quality coir peat to our clients. Our coco peat for plants is renowned for its pure quality, long shelf life and natural appearance. Our coco peat for plants is ideal for home gardening which has an expanding ratio of 1:5 (If you put 5 kg block to water it will reconstitute into 25 kg). Trust basket coco block is available in standard 5kg block, which would be sufficient for a normal size planter/pot. Below are some of the features of our coco block, you can also contact our customer support to get more information.
- ECO Friendly
- Air Porous
- Low electrical conductivity
- Excellent Soil Conditioner
- High water retention