How to Grow
How to Use Neem Oil in a Sprayer for the Garden
Neem oil is a derivative of the Asian evergreen tree. A natural steroid, it causes insects to lose their appetite and lose interest in laying eggs.
Neem oil uses: Neem oil is used as an organic pesticide. It also helps in avoiding the below scenarios.
- Insects: It kills or repels many harmful insects and mites, including aphids, whiteflies, snails, nematodes, mealybugs, cabbage worms, gnats, moths, cockroaches, flies, termites, mosquitoes, and scale. It kills some bugs outright, attacks the larvae of others, and repels plant munchers with its bitter taste.
- Fungus: It is also effective in preventing fungal diseases such as black spot, anthracnose, rust, and mildew.
- Disease: As if that wasn’t enough, neem oil also battles viruses that can harm plants.
How to prepare Neem oil solution for sprayer?
To prepare 1 liter of a 0.5 % dilution of neem oil spray we need the following measurement.
- 5 ml (1 tsp) neem oil (use pure, cold pressed oil).
- 1-2 ml (1/3 tsp) insecticidal soap or other detergent.
- 1 liter (1 quart) warm water.
Here are the steps to be followed to prepare neem oil solution.
- Take 1 liter of warm water and 1-2 ml (1/3 tsp) of insecticidal soap or other detergent.
- Mix warm water and detergent and prepare a solution first. Make sure it dissolves completely.
- Take 5 ml or 1 tsp of neem oil and slowly add the oil while stirring vigorously.
- Fill the mixture into your sprayer. Keep shaking or otherwise stirring the mix while spraying. Use the mixture within eight hours.
The ideal neem garden spray would be 0.5% to 1% dilution. Depending on the purpose you may want to increase that to up to 2%. If you have trouble dissolving the oil, use more detergent.
Popular Searches: Garden Accessories for Sale, Compost Bin India, Plastic Flower Pots Online, Contemporary Plant Pots, Hanging Pots Online, Colourful Plant Pots, Bird Feeders Online, Rectangular Planters Online, Small Pots Online, Flower Pots Online, Kitchen Waste Compost Bin, Balcony Railing Planter
@diana fill a shallow plate/bowl with beer and leave it out overnight. This attracts snails and makes them drown in the beer. this could be the simplest hack to get rid of snails. for effective trapping keep changing the beer every week.
@devanandvsawant Thank you for your valuable feedback.
@jayanthi Thank you for your valuable feedback.
@judefernandes please visit https://www.trustbasket.com/ to buy seeds, pots, or any of the gardening products at a reasonable price. you can go for buying “TrustBasket BugX Rat Kill Gum Pad” at Amazon https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08S32DFJ7?ref=myi_title_dp.
@dpparashar Thank you for your valuable feedback.