Cauliflower is one of the vegetables that deserves a regular rotation in your diet, it contains a lot of nutrients, including vitamins and minerals. Now that you want to grow Cauliflower plant at home, well you have taken a good step towards organic vegetation and will surely be looking for a guide from its initial stage i.e., seedlings and here it is, a step by step instructions to be kept in mind and follow while growing Cauliflower in your garden patch/container. Cauliflower is a cool weather plant. It is grown for its edible buds which form a solid head atop single stalks. Heads are sometimes called curds. Heads can be cream, white, purple, or green colored. Broccoflower is a hybrid cross between a cauliflower and a broccoli; broccoli flowers have green heads.
Cauliflower grows best in rich, well-drained, moisture-retentive soil with a pH within the 6.5 to 8.0 range. Grow cauliflower plant in full sun. Broccoflower prefers partial shade. Add aged compost to planting beds before planting.
Cauliflower plant is a cool-season crop, best done in cool temperatures with moist atmospheres. You can grow Cauliflower as a summer or fall crop. Typically, you’ll plant cauliflower in mid-spring for an early summer harvest or in midsummer for a fall harvest. When it comes to choosing, cauliflower seeds online India make sure you buy the seeds from a trusted supplier and its good practice to go through the reviews and be guided by an experienced person when it can be all about buy Organic cauliflower seeds online India and getting information about growing.
Here are some steps to grow cauliflower at home garden in pots. Let us know how to grow cauliflower.
- Buy cauliflower seeds which are dark brown in color and has round shape. Spring and summers are the best seasons to grow them.
- Choose a pot having at least 12 inches in diameter and 16 to 18 inches across. Fill the pot with potting soil, leaving 1/2 inch of space at the top. Place four seeds in the center of the pot and lightly cover the seeds with soil.
- Keep the soil moist but not wet. Once the seeds sprout, place the pots near a sunny window or under a grow lamp. It requires about 50 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After the seedlings reach 2 inches tall, thin the seedlings to one plant in the pot. Keep the seedlings in six to eight hours of sun every day.
- Blanch your cauliflower plant when the head is 2 to 3 inches across. To do this, tie the plant's leaves together to form a shade over the head.
- The plant takes about 50 to 120 days to mature. You can harvest them once the head size is around 6 to 8 inch across.
Do not reuse the soil which is used to grow cauliflower as it will have several organisms which might affect the plants.
Watering is very important from the day of sowing, during growth till harvest. Because growing cauliflower requires moist soil, you’ll need to water it regularly. It is important to prevent the drying of the soil in the period when the seedling is maturing and at the time of head formation. Drought-like conditions lead to the formation of smaller or separate heads or even to a complete loss of them. Overwatering also impedes its growth, which must be avoided.
In summer, water twice a day regularly/ winters 2 days once in case of rain not required. Watering is completely dependent on the plant, never let the plant/ soil get dried nor should water stand all around the plant making the plant tilt. Take good care of plants by using good natural manures and fertilizers as I did. I just used a cocopeat-based potting mix which had fertilizer and compost content. I never used chemicals for faster growth nor as compost.
Use natural manures and fertilizers. Never use chemicals for faster growth nor as compost. It's good you even put your kitchen waste around the plant like peeled of vegetable and fruits skin which is natural compost for plants.
Popular Searches: Garden Accessories for Sale, Compost Bin India, Plastic Flower Pots Online, Contemporary Plant Pots, Hanging Pots Online, Colourful Plant Pots, Bird Feeders Online, Rectangular Planters Online, Small Pots Online, Flower Pots Online, Kitchen Waste Compost Bin, Balcony Railing Planter