Growing garlic plant is an ideal project for the beginning or seasoned gardener. An entire garlic bulb is planted into soil and it creates a garlic vine. It can be planted indoors in containers, where it can be grown in most seasons. Planting in containers indoors can also limit the garlic's exposure to disease or insects. It does take attentive care and the right materials to grow a healthy, flavorful plant. Garlic is a bulbous perennial herb but grown as an annual. Let us know how to grow Garlic.
Here are simple 5 steps to grow garlic plant at home.
1. Buy garlic seeds which are dusk in colour. It grows best in fertile, well-draining soil.
2. Choose a pot that is at least 8 inches (20 cm) deep and has holes for drainage. Mix the potting soil with the gardening sand. It should be a 3 to 1 ratio of soil to sand. Add 4-5 seeds 4 inch away in the pot. Garlic plant prefers soil with a pH 6.5 – 7.0.
3. Push each clove 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) into the soil. There should be 1 inch (2.54 cm) of soil between the top of the clove and the top of the soil. Place the pot so that it receives approximately 8 hours of direct sunlight per day.
4. Water in well with liquid seaweed. When the shoots are about 5cm high, add mulch thickly to suppress weeds. Garlic plant grows 40-60cm high depending on the variety and although you may not get as large bulbs in a pot, they are most definitely worth growing.
5. Harvest your garlic 8 to 10 months later when the leaves begin to die and turn brown.
Popular Searches: Garden Accessories for Sale, Compost Bin India, Plastic Flower Pots Online, Contemporary Plant Pots, Hanging Pots Online, Colourful Plant Pots, Bird Feeders Online, Rectangular Planters Online, Small Pots Online, Flower Pots Online, Kitchen Waste Compost Bin, Balcony Railing Planter